Midwest Grocery Store Brand
A reputable retail grocery store brand with more than 245 supermarket locations across the midwest was experiencing issues with the validity of their customer data. Customers, along with current and former store employees, were:
- Taking multiple surveys per day/week
- Entering the sweepstakes as often as possible (incentive for filling out surveys)
- Sending in entries to artificially impact the score for their store (positively or negatively)
Ultimately, the grocery brand wanted their data from both channels to be centrally housed and analyzed for better decision-making.
We implemented our Engage solution, which brought an enhanced level of security and data oversight to their business.
The grocery brand was looking for a partner to:
- Administer their receipt-based customer satisfaction survey
- Support their existing customer sweepstakes program
- Run their on-site mystery shopping program
Our Engage program:
- Addressed the issue of store “gaming”
- Ensured that customers could only receive one sweepstakes entry per valid store receipt
- Allowed the grocery brand to compare Customer Satisfaction Survey and Mystery Shop results
With this new insight, the grocery chain has been able to pinpoint disconnects between their customers’ experiences in-store and what their mystery shoppers report from the same stores.
They can now tailor the mystery shop questions and guidelines to address specific or ongoing issues they notice in the customer data — leading to better business decisions.
The best result? Their program is now always in step with what matters most to their customers.